Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What A Long Day

Well, last night I got a phone call from my friend Lindsay and she needed some help. Well not her personally but her sister needed some help. Her sister, Rachel, was moving into a new apartment with her husband and they needed help unloading their u-haul. They didnt have anyone to help them and all we would have to do was unload the truck. I didnt mind helping them since I had nothing planned today but I didnt even know them at all. I think I have met them only once for a brief minute or so. So me and another friend of mine, Grant, made our way over to St. Pete this morning. Driving from Tampa to St Pete is horrible during the morning. It took us about an hour to get there. When we got to their apartment I saw the truck and it wasnt the huge u-haul so I figured it wouldnt take that much trouble to unload. Boy was I wrong. We quickly found out that their apartment was on the third floor. To make matters worse, it was so humid this morning and the power in their apartment hadnt been turned on yet so there was no air conditioning. We all were just drenched in sweat. I was so glad Grant decided to go with me because there was no way me and Adam, Rachel's husband, would have been able to do it ourselves. Also, Rachel and Adam were great. They were so grateful and appreciated us coming out to help them even though we barely knew them. They thanked us by taking Grant and I out to Applebees for lunch which was kind of funny because we all smelled and we asked to be seated some where in the back. After I got home I took a little nap and then decided to go work out and then came back home to work in the yard. So overall it was a very hot and physical day. But I enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments: