Friday, August 25, 2006

My Truck

So today I went down to the dealership to get some estimates on the damages to my truck. The guy took a look at the back of my truck and estimated the cost to fix it was going to be $2400. I figured it would cost no more than $1500. Good thing I'm not paying for it. The Salvation Army's insurance company is sending someone out next week to look at my truck and make an estimate. I have been thinking of just taking the truck to Maaco and having them to it. Then take the extra money and fix the front end. My front bumper is damaged from a fender bender I had last year. The dealership quoted the damaged at $1000. But that is with replacing the while front bumper. The guy said I might be able to just replace the brackets and that would cut down on the costs alot. The dealership also said it would take a week to fix it. So now we might have to get the salvation army to pay for a rental. Well, I just want this to be done with and paid for. In the next few months I plan on trading in my truck or selling it so I want it to look in decent shape.

No comments: